Skip to main content

YOU!

 You

Yes you!
You there with your jokes and acts
that you claim do not mean harm
Do you know what they do to me?
They make me want to crumble into pieces
hide somewhere inside myself
wishing I was a turtle
with a rock hard shell that could stand it all
not be pierced by all you shoot
the stares and words
like flaming swords
that burn right through me
Turn me to dust
unable to sweep myself off my feet anymore
I hide, it makes me weird
I show, it makes me bad
How to I ever escape this maze
as long as I exist?
or may be even after...

You
You there with your hormones at rage
the ones you blame at any age
and desires you claim you cannot hold back
Do you know what they do to mine?
They turn my life completely around
without a trace on yours somehow
Make me run away
From you
from myself
from everything that once mattered
All in search of a safe place
that can never be found
They make me doubt it I am wrong
they make me believe you are right
that may be I deserve it
the punishment
for the crimes you committed
Some days I want to cut my bits
all of which that make me whole
break the mirror that shows me
all that you desired in me
all that you claimed made you do it
I keep them, you prey on me
I throw them away
you would prey on me anyway
so why do I hate myself you ask?
Because the only thing I needed to do
to turn an innocent one like you
Into a savage predator
was exist.

Me?
What am I?
A mere variable
I came to you in different forms
A heart full of love
a stranger full of dreams
a friend full of trust
a kid full of innocence
I walked past you
in colours blue
sometimes black and sometimes red
I came in shells
I came in pieces
I came in many different ages
I came as tough as they do
I came as a mere clay at times
At times one who questioned you
At times a mere dirt on your shoe
I hid myself as you claimed safe
I acted blind and dumb and deaf
A loud laughter
A soft cry
A rude stare
A loud denial
A silent soul who minded her business
A loud one focused on happiness
But somehow
somehow you always found a way
to make me shriek
make me curse my existence
stuck at that one point in time
going back and wondering what I did wrong
But it just hit me
Nothing could have changed it
No thought, no weapon
no fabric, no precaution
nothing I was
nothing I did
could have made things any different
because I think I know it now
I was a mere variable
The only constant
was You!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I am not like other girls"

Growing up, girls are told there are only two kinds of girls, either a "typical girl" or "not like other girls". That being "like other girls" is bad. And before you even get to know any girl when they grow an actual personality, you start staying away from them because you want to grow your own personality. Because you are told girls don't have personalities, and you want to be different. You want to look cool, you want to fit in, you want to be accepted, you want to stand out, you want the guys to like you, and for that, from all around you, you have to be different than other girls. I know because I used to believe that. Grew up a few interests I told girls can't have so I thought every day, I had to try and be more and more different from them. That there was nothing I could possibly talk to a girl about because hey, "All girls talk about is makeup! Makeup BAD! Girls BAD!" The more I believed I could not talk to girls, girls wouldn

Could Have Been....

  It was the best of times, the worst of times A thing of nightmares or some fever dream The bravest, most atrocious my hopes had been As unworthy your own regrets may deem For reasons unknown, you were my best could have been.... A hand that held me when I expected it to drop Keeping note of my allergies at the tea shop Something strong must have been in the air to feel so at home at a bus stop When chairs were broken to avoid my sight And showing up everyday was an endless fight How do I deny the courage your bones held to walk and be known as someone by my side On nights that were sharp on my wrist And lips stained with the horrors they kissed How did you paint my storms a rainbow so full of wonder, they could even be missed Before bruises and scars thickened my skin The simplest chaos I was centered in Twin or not, you lit a flame in me and it was my warmest could have been. My tears so cold, washed the warmth away The expired good memories taken off the displ

A Frustrated Chesspiece

  On some days, the world isn't fair. Like yesterday and the day before and I don't see how it will be any more Their eyes roll and sign it wasn't enough when you give it all you had and more. Of all the million selves I go through each day the hopeless one is the worst to be for I like to have things in my own hands and have the only one to blame as me. If it were upto me I would survive I would shoot everything in this quiver of mine and if I died in battle I'd rise again for I would learn how to win the next time. But my victories aren't my own to grant My losses come from the ego of strangers A mere chesspiece in their corrupted games the one who has everything to wager. And yet this game of chess is like no other for the pawn is the one to blame They made it so there's only so far I can go and yet I crumble with shame. I can yell "the game is rigged" with all my might a red pill too hard to digest for the ones who won are bas